Initial thoughts

Klipscher

As someone that has problems falling asleep, the Wiim Wake-up light caught my eye. Being a device that is supposed to simulate a natural sunset and sunrise using a combination of light and sound to mimic the rising sun and setting sun I hope could help me fall asleep easier.
Upon unboxing the Wiim wake-up light, you will find the following items included:

1. The wake-up light itself
2. Power adapter for the wake-up light.
3. Instruction manual.

Design and Features:

The Wiim wake-up has a sleek and modern aesthetic, featuring a display panel with buttons for control along the top and back. The light source is adjustable in terms of brightness and color, allowing me to customize my falling-asleep and waking-up experiences. It offers additional features such as nature sounds, wi-fi connectivity, and support for Amazon Alexia, it can also be used for audio streaming. Even has a bright (adjustable) reading light.
Functionality:

To set up and use the Wiim wake-up light, follow these steps:

1. Plug in the wake-up light using the included power adapter or cable.
2. Set the time and alarm using the control buttons or the companion mobile app.
3. Customize your wake-up and nighttime preferences, such as light intensity, duration, and sound options.

Review
My hope is this wake-up clock with help me fall asleep easier.
On my first night, I tried a gradual sunset with a natural seashore sound. I was able to fall asleep before the light fully turned off. Woke to the sounds of birds chipping as the lighting slowly increased.
This is my first device that uses Amazon Alexia so I need to spend some time with it before commenting more on all the features. So far I like the ability to ask for things like weather news etc. The user interface and control buttons are positioned on the top and back of the unit for easier access, I prefer the convenience of using the mobile app for the more advanced settings and control.
It also has 2 built-in speakers that offer better-than-expected sound quality. The audio quality is great for streaming music, and news and well using the other Alexa features.
Overall, my early impressions of the Wiim wake-up light leave me impressed. I can see it will add a more positive and natural falling asleep and waking up process than a normal alarm clock does.

Back